Dairy-Free Mint Chip Vanilla Protein Smoothie
Move over “shamrock shake” — we’re mixing up a healthy version of a favorite St. Paddy’s day treat that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and filled with tons of nutrients and antioxidants.
This recipe is also packed with 20 g of plant-protein to curb cravings, build lean muscle and burn fat and gets the beautiful green color from nutrient-dense spinach… not from artificial food coloring!
So whether you’re celebrating something special (it’s my birthday today!) or looking to feel extra festive on St. Patrick’s day, you can whip up this treat in less than 2 mins. In fact, you can even have it for breakfast with ZERO guilt!
Mint Chip Smoothie Ingredients
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1 small banana- frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk or almond milk
- 3 mint leaves or 1 drop mint extract
- 1 tsp mini dark chocolate chips (no sugar added- I like Lily’s brand)
- 1 scoop LSF Vanilla Plant Protein
- Coconut or other non-dairy whip (for topping- optional)
Add all ingredients above to a blender. Blend on high until smooth, pour into a glass and garish with additional chocolate chips and coconut whip if desired!